Erie County Community Health center
HOW CAN I AVOID GETTING AIDS?
Know the difference between Risky, Safer, and Safest Behaviors.
- Having unprotected sex, especially if you
- (A) don't know the person well, or
- (B) if you know that he or she shoots drugs, or
- (C) if he or she has had other sexual partners
- Avoid sharing drug needles and syringes
- Having sex, using a latex condom with a spermicide, with only one person who does not have sex with anyone else and does not use drugs.
- Not sharing drug needles and syringes
- Not having sex
- Not using drugs
- Having sex with only one lifelong, faithful, uninfected partner, as in marriage
Ohio AIDS Hotline:
In Ohio: (800) 332-2437
In Ohio TTY/TDD: (800) 332-3889
If Calling Out of State: (614) 466-0265
For more information please go to the American Social Health Association at http://www.ashastd.org